Bikeways and loops
Don't miss the Adirondack Coast Bikeways, the premiere network of 14 themed loops that is part of the 1,600 miles of the Lake Champlain Bikeways, which circumnavigate Lake Champlain and extend into Quebec, Canada.
- The Acres of Apples ride for a trip around five different orchards.
- The Fort to Fort loop and travel from one historic fort to the next.
- The Empire State Trail, which covers the entire state, including great Lake Champlain routes:
- Iron to Iron for a picturesque route through Port Henry, an homage to the Industrial Revolution.
- Many of the routes go past restaurants, museums and a variety of other Lake Champlain attractions.
Click the banner below for more information on biking in the Adirondacks including events, routes, tours, and more!
In the mood for something a bit more rugged without hitting the dirt too hard? The Lake Champlain Region has excellent gravel riding!
- Stoney Lonesome loop is a half-day trip of riding on remote, unpaved roads with a variety of terrain.
- Coon Mountain Circuit is an 18.5 mile Lake Champlain mountain biking loop that includes Split Rock Mountain, Webb-Royce Swamp and Coon Mountain.
Love Your ADK
By taking the Love Your Adirondacks Pledge and practicing Leave No Trace ethics you can help ensure that the forests, waterways, and communities of the Adirondacks remain beautiful and unique for generations to come.