Coming September 20 - 21, 2019
Don't miss the fourth annual Adirondack Harvest Fest featuring live music, local breweries, lots of local farms, and live demonstrations. Come spend the afternoon with your family and friends and celebrate the very best harvest the Champlain Valley has to offer. If coming from New England we are a quick 15 minute trip from the Essex ferry dock. Admission and parking are free. This event will be held rain or shine.
Saturday, September 21
10 a.m.: HARVEST FEST HIKE with Champlain Area Trails (CATS) (1 1/2 to 2 hours). Begins and ends at the Essex County Fairgrounds. Meet at the Fairground’s main entrance and hike Viall’s Crossing Trail (5 miles). $10/per person, kids under 18 free.
12 p.m.: Celebrate the Champlain Valley Harvest!
- Shop the season’s best ever FARMERS’ MARKET with over 30 regional agricultural vendors displaying the valley’s harvest (12 to 4 pm)
- FOOD TRUCKS: Tasty snacks made with local ingredients: Papa Duke’s BBQ; Lomelis Mexican Food; Full Cord Pizza; & Farmers Cone Creamery
- MUSIC: Ploughman’s Lunch; William Lee Ellis & Steve Feinbloom duo; DJ Sam
- BREWERS & VINTNERS: Ausable Brewing Co.; Livingood’s Brewery; Hid-In-Pines Vineyard
- TALKS: Conservation & Farming; Local Brewing; Pollinators; Beekeeping
- DEMONSTRATIONS: Flax Processing & Spinning; Cider Press; Draft Horses
- ACTIVITIES: Draft Horse Brushing; Container Gardening Contest; Draft Horse Wagon Rides; Straw Bale Toss Contest
- WORKSHOPS (small fee, includes take-home items): Shiitake Log Cultivation; Herbal Tea Blending
- KIDS’ ACTIVITIES (small fee for some): Pony Rides, Face Painting; Goat Petting; Beet Print Making & Art Show; Mr. ‘Bagahead; Seed Collages; Sack Races and other contests.
- ANTIQUE TRACTOR DISPLAY
Live music all afternoon! Live music all afternoon including Ploughman's Lunch.
Featured food by:
What a great time we had last year!