An awesome Adirondack autumn
Fall is a spectacular time of year to visit the Adirondack Coast. As the Adirondack Mountains burst into color, reflections play off the water of Lake Champlain to magnify the experience. Our numerous other lakes and ponds also serve as perfect reflecting pools.
Here are some of the best ways to take in the views:
Up for a hike?
- Champlain Area Trails’ collection of 56 family-friendly trails throughout the region will directly connect you to nature and the vibrant Adirondack color of our forests, farms, fields, and wetlands that are so dazzling at this time of year.
- Consider the Cheney Mountain Trail, Coon Mountain, or the Coot Hill/Big Hollow Trial. All offer stunning views from their summits with vistas stretching north and south for miles along this 125-mile long lake.
- The slightly more challenging hike up Poke-O-Moonshine.
Bring the bike
- Try one or more of the 14 Adirondack Coast Bikeways themed loops. Ranging in length from 13 to 36 miles, these themed biking loops will wind you through some exceptional landscape you might otherwise miss.
- Glide through farm country (Rolling Reber Ramble and Joe’s Random Scoot), alongside our rivers and streams (Women’s Suffrage Way and Water’s Edge Trail), in the shadow of our mountains (Stony Lonesome and Coon Mountain Circuit) or in the paths of our history (Fort to Fort and Iron to Iron).
- There is no shortage of scenery along Route 9N throughout the Lake Champlain Region, which offers stunning views of foliage along the coast and rolling farmland that you won’t see elsewhere in the Adirondacks.
Stay Tuned for 2023 Fall Foliage Reports
Stay tuned for 2023 fall foliage reports and bookmark this page! As the Adirondack Coast explodes into glorious displays, we will update the fall foliage report weekly. Don't miss it — plan your visit today!