Adirondack traveler information
We look forward to welcoming you to the Lake Champlain Region and are committed to ensuring that every experience is the best and safest it can be.
The safety of our residents, visitors, and our environment is always our top priority. Each person who visits the Adirondacks leaves an impact. Please review these resources to ensure you're ready to visit responsibly.
It is important to remember to show love and care for this amazing natural wonderland. Going on an all-day adventure? Remember to pack the right gear. Going somewhere new? Prepare by doing plenty of research before you go, and familiarize yourself with the map and weather. This is the perfect time to learn about Leave No Trace and take the Love Your ADK pledge. You can help preserve our wild spaces for generations.
- Follow the Leave No Trace 7 Principles
- Hiking 101 - The 10 essentials
- Paddling 101 - The essentials & more
- Waste 101 - It's more than just litter
Make a plan before you go
To ensure you have the most up-to-date information, it is important to check directly with the specific restaurant, lodging property, attraction, etc., that you want to visit. Please note that many of our area attractions are requiring advanced ticket purchasing and reservations.
Kindness is the Adirondack way
The world is understaffed and so are we. Please be patient with all of those who are working hard to provide the welcoming, laid-back experience the Adirondacks are so well known for. Remember, kindness can move mountains. Thank you.
Health and safety
At this time, New York State has no COVID-19 travel restrictions or quarantine requirements if you are healthy and visiting from another state.
- Face Masks - While face masks are no longer required, New York State businesses have the right to request that you wear a mask. Please be respectful.
- Monitor symptoms - If you are not feeling well, please stay home and rest. If any symptoms develop, travelers must immediately self-isolate.
- Wash your hands regularly with soap and water.
Be in the know!
Download the latest edition of the Lake Champlain Region Insider and access the upcoming events schedule, important notices, and more!
Stay in the know! Sign up and get the Insider delivered directly to your inbox weekly.