The scenery along the Northway is quite breathtaking and offers some great views of varying foliage along the route. Then discover our delightful two lane country roads and enchanting small towns.
From Exit 30 of I87/Adirondack Northway (Keene Valley/Keene Exit) drive to Exit 33 (Willsboro Exit) and follow signs to Route 9 South. Follow Route 9 through the Town of Lewis, into Elizabethtown. Continue on Route 9 South to where the road intersects with Route 73, and head north back into Lake Placid, through scenic Keene & Keene Valley.
- Approximate travel times 2 hours.
- Length: 31 miles for loop. (28 miles further to Lake Placid.)
Highlights and side trips
- Adirondack History Museum (Elizabethtown)
- Essex County Courthouse (Elizabethtown)
- Split Rock Falls (Elizabethtown)
- Roaring Brook Falls (Keene Valley)