The Adirondack Harvest Festival features an afternoon event with live demonstrations, a huge farmers' market, food and beverage vendors, children's activities, live music and more. Event is held at the Essex County Fairgrounds with free admission.
Saturday, September 21
10:00 am: HARVEST FEST HIKE with Champlain Area Trails (CATS) (1 1/2 to 2 hours). Begins and ends at the Essex County Fairgrounds. Meet at the Fairground’s main entrance and hike Viall’s Crossing Trail (5 miles). $10/per person, kids under 18 free.
12:00 pm on: Celebrate the Champlain Valley Harvest!
- ~Shop the season’s best ever FARMERS’ MARKET with over 30 regional agricultural vendors displaying the valley’s harvest (12 to 4 pm)
- ~FOOD TRUCKS: Tasty snacks made with local ingredients: Papa Duke’s BBQ; Lomelis Mexican Food; Full Cord Pizza; & Farmers Cone Creamery
- ~MUSIC: Ploughman’s Lunch; William Lee Ellis & Steve Feinbloom duo; DJ Sam
- ~BREWERS & VINTNERS: Ausable Brewing Co.; Livingood’s Brewery; Hid-In-Pines Vineyard
- ~TALKS: Conservation & Farming; Local Brewing; Pollinators; Beekeeping
- ~DEMONSTRATIONS: Flax Processing & Spinning; Cider Press; Draft Horses
- ~ACTIVITIES: Draft Horse Brushing; Container Gardening Contest; Draft Horse Wagon Rides; Straw Bale Toss Contest
- ~WORKSHOPS (small fee, includes take-home items): Shiitake Log Cultivation; Herbal Tea Blending
- ~KIDS’ ACTIVITIES (small fee for some): Pony Rides, Face Painting; Goat Petting; Beet Print Making & Art Show; Mr. ‘Bagahead; Seed Collages; Sack Races and other contests.
- ~ANTIQUE TRACTOR DISPLAY
Music & beer tent continue to 6:00 pm