Keeseville Walking Tour

Booklet available from: Adirondack Architectural Heritage. Fee for booklet.

The first dam at Anderson Falls on the AuSable River was built in 1808 to power a sawmill. Since that time, and throughout the 1800s, industry continued to take advantage of the AuSable's water power. Fine homes and churches were built by Keeseville's first families. Much of this history is still intact today and detailed in A Thoroughly Wide Awake Little Village, a walking tour guide that illustrates the history and architecture of a 142-structure historic district, that includes three bridges that are a part of the Historic American Engineering Record.

On The Map